"Just the right size home to provide a variety of activities but small enough to create a family atmosphere."
"The staff always treat Mother with the dignity of a person who still has her own opinions and ideas!"
"Rusthall Lodge has a lovely homely feel to it and that is what I liked."
The Friends of Rusthall Lodge
Our group of volunteers play an important role at the Lodge and work closely with our staff team to make a big difference to the comfort and daily lives of our residents.
The Friends of Rusthall Lodge help us with our summer fete, Christmas Fair and any other large scale event which are all organised for the benefit of our residents and their families.
Volunteering Opportunities include:
- Accompanying residents on special days out
- One to one activities – chess, cards, reading, chatting
- Flower arranging
- Serving teas and coffees
- Helping in our residents' "shop" selling toiletries, gifts, cards and so on
- Computer skills for residents...
...and much more depending on your personal skills and experience. Let us know what you can do! Do you play an instrument or play chess? Are you good at painting or arts and crafts? Would you like to get involved in helping with our Pantomime or helping residents to learn how to use a computer?
To help you and our residents get the most out of your volunteering role at Rusthall Lodge, we will provide:
- Training, such as wheelchair handling or vision awareness
- Support and supervision from an assigned member of staff
- Valuable experience and personal skills which you can take into the work place
- Enjoyable activities which we hope will enrich your own life as well as that of each resident
If you would like to know more about volunteering at Rusthall Lodge, have a special skill or experience to offer us as a volunteer, or would like to find out more about the Friends of Rusthall Lodge, please call us on 01892 556500 or email email@example.com