"Since coming to Rusthall Lodge, Dad’s health has improved dramatically – he has put on weight and looks a lot better."
"We could not have asked for my mother to be in a safer, more comfortable and caring environment."
"The kindness and dignity shown to my mother never ceased to amaze me."
We pride ourselves on the high standard of care enjoyed by our residents which is provided by our fully trained, professional and friendly team of staff, twenty-four hours a day. Here is how we maintain those standards:
- As well as our qualified and experienced Registered General Nursing staff, both within our management team and working on each floor of Rusthall Lodge, our Healthcare Assistants are trained to Level 2 or 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or are working towards the qualification
- As part of our full induction process, staff who are new to Health and Social Care complete 15 modules of the Care Certificate through this period, observed by our senior nursing staff to ensure they display the competencies we require at their 3-month review
- Staff members receive continual personal development and training around different aspects of their work to ensure they can continue to meet the required standards and provide the best possible and caring service to our residents
- As well as the Care Quality Commission reviewing our work at Rusthall Lodge each year, we also arrange for independent reviews of different aspects of our services to ensure we meet all required CQC Fundamental Standards
- Rusthall Lodge is a “not for profit” charitable organisation which is overseen by a voluntary Executive Committee made up of members of the community with a wide range of professional qualifications and experience. Members of the Executive Committee regularly make unannounced visits to the Lodge at different times of the day to carry out their own review, including talking one to one with residents, families and staff. All evidence and outcomes are documented
- An open, easy to use and effective process is in place for residents, relatives and staff to make suggestions, complaints and compliments which are quickly attended to as appropriate
- The Senior Management Team at Rusthall Lodge abide by our Duty of Candour when dealing with matters
- Residents and families are encouraged to take part in our resident/family surveys, Food Forums and other informal meetings that enable them to give us feedback on a one to one basis, in confidence, on their experience of Rusthall Lodge. We recognise how important it is to get the individuals thoughts on how the Home is run and operates.